Access statement for Y Caban
House rules for pets
• Pets must NEVER be left unattended in the cabin
• Pets must NEVER be allowed in bathrooms or bedrooms or on furniture
• You will have to clean up after your pet at all times all around our grounds.
How to get here:
On receipt of deposit we issue comprehensive directions to Wig Farm (by car)
The nearest Airport is Cardiff (2.5 hours), 4 hour drive from Heathrow Airport
Trains: We are equidistant from Aberystwyth and Carmarthen train stations (approx. 30 miles)
Buses: For onward public transport from the train station please check out the traveline-cymru website for bus timetables
Our local taxi company is TAR Cars Tel. 01545 560688
You will find a very comprehensive set of maps including A to Z of Wales, OS Map and our own "Sat Nav Map" in the cottage for your use.
We also provide various walking guides and map books for your convenience
We provide free internet, both WiFi and wired.
Private parking is available at the end of the garden approx. 80 metres away from Y Caban. A pebble and concrete pathway leads from there through the garden to Y Caban. There are 3 steps up to Y Caban door.
Y Caban is all on one level throughout. There is 1 small step up into the shower.
TV has remote control and Teletext and we will do our best to provide large print versions of cottage information subject to advance notice.
We welcome Disabled Guests to all of our accommodation. If you have any particular queries regarding accessibility then please do not hesitate to contact us for advice prior to booking. We are happy to assist.
Y Caban is surrounded by gardens, ponds, Woodlands and stream. The Ponds and streams are unfenced so care must be taken at all times.
• renovated using sustainable products eg lime, lime-wash, reclaimed wood etc
• as much as possible is purchased locally including furnishings etc
• eco switches on heating and hot water supplies
• eco cleaning products used and provided such as Ecover washing up-liquid, Ecover toilet cleaner, recycled toilet papers etc
• full recycling and composting facilities
• toilets flushed using harvested rainwater
• all firewood is sourced from a sustainable source, either the waste material from a fencing company or from our own woodland management.
• We have an on-going tree-planting project at Dolphin Bay Cottages, To date just under 1,000 trees have been planted.