Access statement for Y Bwthyn - Anfodd Countryside Retreats
● The nearest train station is at Whitland. Guest pick up from the station is possible by arrangement
● Mobile signal here is good (EE network)
● Free wi-fi is provided throughout the cottage
● The local town has a wide selection of local independent shops. Major supermarkets can be found at Carmarthen. Grocery deliveries are provided by Tesco, Morrisons and Asda. We are happy to take in a grocery delivery if it is scheduled to arrive before you.
Arrival and car parking:
● There are two parking spaces at the top of the cottage garden. There is a short gravel path leading to the cottage with two steps supported by a handrail. There is an alternative level access to the cottage through a side entrance further around the driveway. This is suitable for wheelchairs, prams and pushchairs.
● The grass area of the garden does have a slight slope. The patio area immediately outside the property is level and mixture of gravel and paving slabs.
● If arriving late, the parking area, pathways and the porch area are illuminated.
● Once inside the property, you will find slate tiles with underfloor heating throughout. There are no steps or level changes inside the property
● There is ample space to walk either side of the bed in the main bedroom. The second bedroom has one side against a wall
● Both bedrooms have room to accommodate a travel cot
● The TV and DVD player have a remote control. The Amazon Echo device will provide music and information by voice control.
● Kitchen – There are only two small wall shelves, everything else is at counter or under counter level
● Bathroom – this is a wet room, again, all on one level with a walk in shower enclosure.
● Garden enclosed – it is private and enclosed, but not secure, children and pets would need to be supervised when in the garden area
● A small patio in the grassed area has two seats, the main patio contains a picnic table and a sofa
● There is a hot tub in the garden. Children should be supervised when the tub is being used.
● We do have a small selection of garden games in the outdoor storage cupboard, these can be played on the grassed area of the cottage garden.