Access statement for Trehyddion Haybarn
If you have any queries please contact the owner
• Nearest train station is 9 miles away in Carmarthen. Direct trains from London Paddington, with taxis available from the station.
• National Express stop in Carmarthen with taxis available from the bus station.
• Local Taxi firms include Chris Cars Tel: 01267 234438 and Spikes Taxis Tel:01267 236405 (other registered Taxis www.taxiregister.com)
• Local bus from Llanybri (1/4 mile) to Carmarthen Town. Runs eight times daily, four times daily on Sunday.
• Nine miles to Carmarthen by car, single track country lanes and B road.
• Many walks for dogs, quiet country lanes, forestry, footpaths, coast path and large sandy beach (no dogs Apr-Oct on main beach, dogs allowed during these restricted months on the up-river area of the beach). Grassed exercise area next to barn, please keep dogs on lead to protect our cattle, neighbours sheep, and our free range poultry.
• Mobile reception is patchy. Orange, 3-mobile and Vodafone are sometimes available in the upstairs part of the building (living room).
Arrival and car parking
• Access to the property from the lane, is 100m gravel unmade drive.
• Generous level open parking at rear of property (PIR automatic lighting), 4 meters to the front entrance (gravel surface) with one step in to property.
• Stone step (22cm high) and door width 80cm.
• Pedestrian side entrance to property (drop off only) with gate, path, patio and steps to garden door (detailed below under garden and grounds section).
• Main entrance and garden door are half glazed.
• Entrance hall and corridor is level (narrowest point 103cm) and unobstructed to bedrooms and wooden stair case with one handrail and stairs. Stair gates available by request.
• Heating downstairs is under floor, and upstairs cast iron radiators.
• All plug sockets are 50cm from floor level.
• The floors are tiled or wooden boards with some removable mats.
All ground floor rooms
• The ground floor hall and bedrooms are tiled, with non slip tiles in the en-suite wet rooms.
• Each bedroom has a central ceiling light and fitted individual reading spot lights above the beds. The en-suite shower wet rooms (double rooms) have level access to the bedrooms and are well lit with over sink light and electric shaver point. Shower chair or perching stool can be provided on request.
• Decoration is neutral in white and cream, with pale beige floor tiles.
• Interior doors are solid pine with latch and casp openings.
All 1st floor rooms
• The upstairs rooms are floored with reclaimed solid pine boards with one rug in the living room and bath mat in the bathroom.
• Access is unobstructed with a corridor 82cm wide and 140cm long from the living /dining area to the kitchen and bathroom.
• Headroom is reduced to185cm in the living area, bathroom and kitchen, due to the cross beam exposed A-frames. The rooms all have sloping ceilings and exposed beams, which reduces standing room at the edges of the rooms to approx 107cm.
• Some walls are exposed stone, all other decoration in neutral tones of white and cream. Doors are solid pine with latch and hasp openings.
Kitchen 1st floor
• Door width 74cm wide.
• Work surfaces are standard 90cm high, with hob and sink at the same level. The grill/ oven and fridge are below the work surface. A wall mounted oak breakfast bar is 86cm high with 2 backless stools 68cm high.
• The sink is stainless steel with drainer and hot and cold rotational taps
• The kettle is cordless, and microwave situated on the work top.
• Lighting is task orientated spots with extra light under the extraction hood.
Living and dining room 1st floor
• The living and dining area are open plan, with open access from the top stair.
• The wooden dining table is movable, 76cm high, and chairs are dining style (47cm) without arms.
• Soft furniture is an l-shaped sofa (4 persons) and love seat (2 persons) with arm rests and seat is 42cm high
• TV is digital only (no terrestrial signal available) with remote control.
Bathroom 1st floor
• Door width 64cm wide
• The bath is free standing on a 2cm plinth, 62cm high with central rotational taps, and hand held shower attachment (no wall mounting).
• Washbasin with rotational taps adjacent to bath.
• Toilet close coupled adjacent on left side to the wall, right side assisted transfer possible but sloping ceiling (152cm) may cause some restriction to helper when assisting. Toilet is 43cm high with total area to left and right of the toilet 133cm. Toilet located behind door, due to sloping ceiling.
2 Double Bedrooms with en-suite wet rooms (ground floor)
• Bedroom doors 74cm wide.
• Double pine beds (52cm high) with under bed space. Wooden head and foot boards, hypoallergenic duvets and pillows with cotton bedding.
• The beds have unrestricted access from both sides, with the narrowest distance in bedroom 1, 62cm and in bedroom 2, 84cm.
• En-suite bedroom 1, 72cm door width to en-suite shower room. Level access shower (122cm wide) with curtain, wooden slatted floor mat for standing whilst drying, washbasin and close coupled toilet. Toilet has heated towel rail to right hand side and is located within 110cm space for assisted transfer. Sink 81cm high with pull cord light. Toilet is 43cm high.
• En-suite bedroom 2, 74cm door width to en-suite shower room. Level access shower (113cm wide) with curtain, wooden slatted floor mat for standing whilst drying, washbasin and close coupled toilet. Toilet has heated towel rail to left hand side and is located within 104cm space for assisted transfer from the right. Toilet measures 43cm high.
• Shower chair, perching stool and suction handrail can be provided on request.
Bunk bedroom (ground floor)
• Pine bunk beds with ladder, 45cm high bottom bunk, 140cm high top bunk.
• TV on shelf 160cm high with remote control.
• Under stairs clothing cupboard, and under bed drawers.
• Hypoallergenic duvets and pillows, cotton bedding.
• One bedside shelf attached to bunk and one bedside table.
Garden and grounds
• Patio is accessed from ground floor hall, with one step (9cm) out of the door, 180cm x 86cm porch and step (9cm) to patio. From patio to lawn, one step 34cm.
• Patio level flag stones, with movable wooden garden furniture. Table 75cm high, chairs 46cm high 2 chairs have arms.
• Waist height freestanding gas BBQ.
• 2 steps (20cm and 16cm) from patio to flat cobble path 120cm width, to access utility room 600cm away. Path continues100cm to a sprung latch gate 130cm wide.
• Utility room access, 1 step (10cm). Work top 90cm with double sink and drainer.
• The garden area is a slightly sloping lawn within a walled area with planted borders.
• A gate into the walled area provides disabled access only, with turning and car parking hidden behind our second property. The two properties are separated visually with garden structures and planting and the lawn area and patio are exclusive to Barn 1.
Adjustments to be made/suggestions and feedback
• We are happy to provide any details by phone, post or email, not included in the access statement which may be pertinent to specific needs of our guests.
• This statement was prepared in Jan 1010.
• We welcome visitors with any type of extra needs, and will strive to inform specific guests, their families, friends and carers of any restrictions that the property, garden and grounds may present to them. We are bound, however by a 300 year old barn constructed in traditional materials which retains many original features, and has several “quirky” characteristics.
• Please be aware that on occasions farming practices such as cultivating, harvesting and hedge cutting may cause some temporary disturbance, and that animals are in most of the fields around us.
• Provided in the cottage are: kitchen roll, 3 toilet rolls in each bathroom, washing powder, dishwasher tablets, tissues in each room, tin foil, cling film, reusable bags for shopping, baby nappy sacs, wash up liquid, box of dish wash tablets, soap on each sink, several tea towels, hand towel for the kitchen, food bags, tupperware, kitchen and bathroom eco cleaners and beach toys and picnic mat and dog towels. Also basic condiments and sweeteners, soy sauce, herbs, vinegar, sauces such as ketchup, salad cream, and brown sauce.
We have solar thermal panels for hot water and have pledged to reduce plastic as a business.