There’s something about travelling by steam. It brings a nostalgic smile to our older visitors and young children are fascinated by the sight and sound of a coal fired steam engine.
Stop off at the Gwili Steam Railway and remember when life went at a gentler place. Just outside Carmarthen town you can ride on a heritage steam railway 5 miles (there and back) alongside the picturesque Gwili River as it meanders through a steep sided valley in the heart of Carmarthenshire.
Allow at least an hour and a half for your visit, though your ticket is valid all day. It’s much more than just a train ride. Take a look:-
• Free parking at Bronwydd Arms Station
• Tour the signal box
• Visit the Victorian Tea Rooms for yummy home-made cakes
• Visit the museum
• Disabled access facilities (including onto the train)
• Ride on the only standard gauge steam train in West Wales
• Watch the steam locomotive uncouple and run round at Danycoed Halt – good place for photos
• Alight at Llwyfan Cerrig Station where the steam train waits for 20 minutes.
• Purchase hot food at Quarry Kitchen
• Visit the 1950s waiting room complete with ticket office
• Climb aboard a Victorian steam locomotive on display with Victorian carriages
• Ride on the miniature railway
• Visit the Travelling Post Office restored inside as it would have been in the 1960s.
• Return to Bronwydd Arms Station
Buy tickets on the day.
Train times: 10.30; 11:50; 13:20: 14:50
Photos © All rights reserved
Sorry, we don't have an Email address for this attraction.