Access statement for The Old Stable
• Taxi can be arranged
• Fishguard and Newport are about 5 miles from the Cottage
• Fishguard has a number of bus routes
• Reached by a gravel well maintained gravel driveway which is approximately three quarters of a mile
• Dogs are allowed.
• There is not full mobile signal, 4G available on EE
• Landline is available to guests for emergencies
Arrival and car parking
• The distance from unloading to the cottage is about 10 feet.
• Distance from parking space to the entrance is 20 feet. Ample parking available
• Assistance is available from cars/taxis
• Route from the car parking area to the entrance:
o Surface – uneven gravel and pathway with 2 steps up to front door and one low step into cottage.
o The path is lit and the entrance to the cottage is well lit.
• One low step into cottage and door rim. Entrance is well lit.
• There is a narrow entry from the front door into the kitchen of 76 cm, not a doorway just a between wall and kitchen counter.
• Cottage is all on one floor.
• Central oil heating and a log burning fire in the living room area
• Doorways are standard, 84cm – 96cm wide
• There 2 steps into the living room.
• Flooring – Slate tiles in corridor living room, kitchen and bathrooms, fitted carpets in both rooms, loose rugs on floor which can be removed.
• Lighting – normal light switches with ceiling lamps.
• Walls in corridor are white and contrast the floor as well as in rooms.
• Stone walls in living room. All doors are dark wood and stand out from walls. One glass door leading out of the kitchen with wooden frame.
• Kitchen counters are 92 cm high there is a very small step into the kitchen.
• Type of taps- normal round metal
• Cordless kettle
Living room and dining room
• Seating – mobile sofas with armrests, floor is slate with rugs which can be moved
• TV, DVD, free view all with remotes.
• Table and chairs
• 2 rooms, 1 double room with restricted space to side of the bed. 1 twin room with 2 single beds.
• Bed combinations – 1 twin room 1double.
• 2 bathrooms.
• 1 basin and toilet ensuite. Restricted space.
• 1 with shower over bath, toilet and basin.
Garden and grounds
• Patio Garden is slated 2 levels 1 step to second level.
• Patio Garden is enclosed with chairs and table
• No hazards within private patio garden.
• Grounds of the small holding have a gravel road with grass and pastures.
• There are two ponds which both have access only through close gates.
Adjustments to be made
• Statement completed on the 21 March 2010.
Any feedback is most welcome.