Access statement for The Old Forge
• There are buses from Golden Grove to Carmarthen on Tuesdays and Thursdays: these stop at the end of the lane, about 50m from the Forge;
• Mobile phone reception is good on most networks in this area;
• The property does not have WiFi but there is good 4G availability;
• The nearest town for groceries is Llandeilo (approximately 4 miles away), and for a wider range of stores is the county town of Carmarthen (approximately 12 miles away). Tesco delivers groceries to this area: these can be arranged from your home so that groceries arrive when you do.
Arrival and car parking:
• There is a dedicated parking space for you right outside the cottage door;
• The driveway is smooth tarmac and slightly sloping, and has automatic gates controlled by the fob on the keys, so that parking is secure;
• There is a motion-sensor outside light so that you’re never stumbling in the dark;
• There is a small step over the door frame into the property
• The entrance hall has a boot rack and lots of coat hooks, and a cupboard where items such as the drying rack, ironing board and iron are stored;
• The living area is a vaulted kitchen/diner/living area: there are a double sofa and armchair, with TV/DVD that has Freeview and deep pile rug on the slate floor; there is a bookcase with reading material, DVDs and leaflets for a wide variety of attractions, and a dining table that seats 4; the kitchen has all the essentials with a ceramic hob; fan oven; fridge and microwave. The back door leads to the enclosed garden where the recycling bins can also be found.
• The bedroom has a king size bed with wardrobe and two bedside draw-units, with tabletop lighting and a floor lamp;
• The en suite shower room has a heated towel rail, and a non-slip shower mat is provided.
• The garden to the rear of the Forge is a secluded gravelled sun-trap with planted tubs
• There is a picnic table as well as two outdoor armchairs and small table
• A barbecue is available on request and we provide the first bag of charcoal;
• Bicycles can be stored in our lockable shed
• There is 6 inch insulation in the floor and walls, with 12 inch insulation in the loft, and the property is fully double glazed to maximise heat conservation. As a result we only require the use of a small electric wall heater to heat each room in the winter
• Water is heated only on-demand through a small heater to make sure electricity is not wasted through leaving boilers on
• All lighting uses low energy or LED bulbs
• There is a full range of bins supplied to facilitate waste segregation and recycling in the garden.