Access statement for The Hop Shack
• The nearest train station is Carmarthen, about 12 miles away.
• Services ‘460’ leaves from the bus and train stations in Carmarthen approximately hourly. Buses travel along the A484 to the top of our lane in Rhos. There is no stop at the top of the lane, but drivers are generally happy if requested to, to stop there. It's the lane immediately after The Lamb Inn at Rhos. The farmyard where the farm office (and reception) is located is 1.1 miles down the lane on the left side, about 90/100 metres after the Drefelin sign.
There is no bus service on Sundays. Of the two operators of the 460 service only Richards accept dogs - they run 3 services per day.
Distance to Nearest Town
• Newcastle Emlyn is approx 5.5 miles away and takes 10 minutes by car or 15 minutes by bus. Our village of Drefach Felindre is 1 mile away, within 20 minutes walking distance and has local amenities.
Details of delivery of provision
• We can pick up milk, bread and supply seasonal veg and eggs. We grow organically in our polytunnels.
Provision for Dogs
• We welcome up to 2 well-behaved small to medium sized dogs at £10 per pet per stay in The Hop Shack. You can walk your dog in the fields (providing there is no livestock at the time). Please be aware of the resident toddlers, horses, pony, donkeys, pet sheep, chickens, dogs and cats. Dogs should not be left unattended in properties at any time. The Hop Shack does not have a secure fenced garden.
Mobile Phone Reception
• Mobile phone reception is much improved - you should be able to use your phone inside/outside the Hopshack over WiFi.
• Yes, although not fast, so please do not download large files or films.
Arrival and Car Parking
• Please pull into the yard and you will be shown where it is and where to park.
General glamping access
There is quite a high step up to the veranda from which The Hop Shack is accessed (but we do have a ramp as well). The ground on which the farm is located is uneven and sloping.
Important Fireworks and Chinese lanterns are not permitted anywhere, due to wildlife and farm animals
Bedroom 2 and its bathroom are accessible internally from bedroom 1 and externally - they have their own separate key.
The hot tub is a 6 to 7 seater (ideally up to 6). It's woodfired so takes a good 3 hours to warm up. Anyone staying in any unit on site can book it for their own exclusive use. The normal arrangement is for someone to let us know in the morning of the day they want to book it for (usually weather-forecast dependent) and then they can use it from late afternoon for the evening. So, first come, first served.
No children are able to use it without parent/guardian being present and responsible for them.
There is electricity in The Hop Shack. While we have external lighting guests are advised to bring torches. There is no street lighting and a rural Carmarthenshire night is a very dark night (with the bonus of amazing starry skies).
New Ceridwen Green Cauldron reward scheme for guests!
Guests staying anywhere on site who amaze us by following all our waste and recycling guidelines and then some(!) will be sent a thank you and a Ceridwen Green Cauldron Sticker by email. If they return to Ceridwen this sticker can be exchanged for goods - like local beers, a pizza voucher for one of our pizza nights, an organic veggie box, etc - thus rewarding their good green practice.