Access statement for The Cottage
• Main line station at Carmarthen
• Taxis (just outside the station) – Chris Cars 01267 234438
• Mobile phone reception not particularly good. Vodaphone works best
• In the event of an emergency you can use the house phone
• Tesco will deliver. In the event of a landline number being required, the owners number can be supplied
• Newspapers, small convenience store, off license and petrol station (High Noon) at Whitemill on the A40 – direction Carmarthen – 6 miles from the cottage
• Nearest pubs – The Plough at Felingwm (4 miles), the Cresselly Arms, the Cothi Bridge Hotel and the Salutation Inn at Pontargothi (4 miles), the Halfway Inn at Nantgaredig (4 miles)
• Supermarkets – Carmarthen: Tesco 24 hrs, Morrisons, Lidl, M&S, Aldi; Llandeilo: Co-op, CK’s
• Street map of Carmarthenshire towns in magazine rack in the cottage
• Tourist information/brochures in magazine rack
• Ordnance Survey map of area provided
• Nearest bus stop at Pontargothi
Arrival and car parking:
• Unloading and parking, just outside front door – level gravelled area. One step to front door. Around the corner of the building are the French doors with a concrete slope.
• Outside lighting – one light on the corner of the cottage, one by the front door and one by the French doors.
• Wheelchair access – gently sloping – via French doors.
• All on ground floor
• Bedroom – double bed, 2 bedside cabinets with drawers and lamps on top, wardrobe, chair, full-length mirror and immersion switch by side of wardrobe with ironing board, mop and broom
• Bathroom – full size bath, 2 hand supports, electric shower over, non-slip mat, toilet, basin with cabinet above and mirror, towel rack, extra hooks on back of door, under-floor heating, electric fan-heater on wall.
• Kitchen/living room/diner – kitchen has wooden cupboards, fridge/freezer, microwave with fuse box above and electric meter, electric hob and oven, washer/dryer, slimline dishwasher, cordless kettle, cafetiere, toaster, iron, hoover, fully equipped for 4 people. Diner – table with 4 chairs. Living room – 2-seater sofa, single comfy chair. On shelves a library of books, games, CDs, DVDs, videos, yellow pages, radio, bird book and binoculars; free-standing coat stand; digital TV with freeview, DVD and video player, remote controls. Woodburner with fireguard, basket of kindling wood, paper, matches etc, coal bucket and log basket. NB please use only anthracite or equivalent slow-burning coal. House coal burns the grate out.
• Tiled floor throughout
• Initial supply of logs, coal and kindling. Fire will already have been made up for you
• Electric heaters in bedroom and kitchen/living room/diner.
• Dog and child proof boundary
• Level gravelled area with raised flower beds and pots
• Bench seat and table with parasol
• Portable BBQ (on request out of season)
• Outside tap and hose
• Bird table
• Washing line
• Wooden garden seat
• Also available upon request, lock-up for bikes, cot, highchair, washing machine and tumble drier, stabling.
Please note that this holiday is not advertised as a fishing holiday but merely an add on. I cannot guarantee the fishing. The river is quite narrow on my stretch and therefore the water level rises and falls quickly. If there has been a lot of rain the river may be in flood and likewise if there has been no rain for a while the water level may be too low to fish. There is a small area of relatively easy access to the river'edge but for the most part you will need to climb down the bank. There are many trees lining the bank so there is no fly fishing here. As a result of all of this I do not charge for the fishing.
The fishing season commences on 1st April and closes on 17th October each year.