Access statement for The Cart House
The Cart House is a traditional Welsh stone farm building providing luxury holiday accommodation in a sustainable environment. The Pembrokeshire barn has been rebuilt to the highest standard of finish while retaining as much as possible of the traditional character to provide a beautiful setting for a family holiday. We look forward to welcoming you.
• The nearest railway station is Haverfordwest which is 8 miles away. Taxis are available at the station. If you require an accessible taxi, this can be booked in advance.
• The nearest bus stop is at Penycwm which is 3 miles away. There is a shelter with seating. All buses can accommodate one wheelchair. Buses from Haverfordwest take approximately 30mins. The No.411 bus runs to/from the rail station in Haverfordwest, every hour Monday – Saturday and every 2 hours on Sundays. Bus times can vary, for further details see the bus operator's website www.traveline-cymru.info. Collection from the bus stop can be arranged in advance.
• The cottage is located down a private 1/4 mile driveway which has an uneven surface.
• We can arrange for shopping to be delivered in time for your arrival, please let us know your requirements when booking. Alternatively, you can place an order directly with Pembrokeshire Produce Direct www.pembrokeshireproducedirect.org.uk
• This Access Statement is available in larger print on request.
Key Collection, Welcome and Car Parking
• The keys can be collected from the owner's property which is on site. We will endeavour to meet guests in the car park and then show them into the property and give a familiarisation tour.
• Parking is available for up to 10 cars in the car park. There is further car parking for 2 cars available behind one of the barns.
• The parking area has a hard surface and there is level access pathway into each barn.
• Alternatively, guests can be dropped off at the front of the barns and there is access via a gravel path and then a slightly sloping paved path.
• Lighting is provided on the fence posts on the entrance to the car park, plus lights on the rear of each car park space.
• There are patio lights and path lights on each access path to the properties.
• There are also steps down to the path from the car park - there are 6 steps with a handrail on both sides.
Entrance to Property
• There is a ramp up to the front door which is 800mm/31.5ins wide and it is level access. From the same ramp there is access to the ground floor bedroom which also is 800mm/31.5ins wide.
• The entrance is well lit by an outside wall light.
• The floor covering inside both of the entrances are short pile mats.
Halls, Stairs, Landings, Passageways
• There is no hall as the front door opens into an open plan living area.
• The stairs and landing are well lit using a combination of ceiling and wall lights. The ceiling lights are spot lights.
• Passageways are 800mm/31.5ins wide.
• The floor covering is limestone flags with rugs.
• The staircase is wooden with 13 steps and is a kite winder staircase with a handrail.
• The sitting room is situated on the ground floor with level entry from the front door. The door opening is 800mm/31.5ins wide.
• The room has a mixture of seating with sofas, soft chairs and high chairs with arms, together with a low coffee table.
• Furniture can be moved.
• There is a digital television with remote control, subtitles, and a DVD player.
• Lighting is natural daylight with overhead lighting used as well as table lamps around the room
• Flooring is limestone flags with a short pile rug.
• The dining room is situated on the ground floor as part of the kitchen.
• There is no doorway from the lounge.
• The dining table has legs on each corner and the underspace is 630mm.
• There are 6 chairs (all moveable) - 2 with padded seats and the remaining 4 have removable seat pads.
• The kitchen is situated on the ground floor with step free, level access from the ground floor bedroom and the lounge.
• The door opening to the kitchen from the ground floor bedroom is 800mm wide.
• The door of the oven drops down and the hob is 900mm above the floor.
• Worktop and sink are 900mm above the floor.
• There is a separate fridge and freezer and they are undercounter size.
• Glasses and crockery can be moved from wall cupboards to lower cupboards, if required, please request this when booking.
• Large cutlery, utensils and cordless kettle rotating 360°.
• The kitchen is evenly lit with halogen spotlights and strip lights above work surfaces.
• Flooring is limestone flagstones.
Bedrooms and Sleeping Areas
• There is 1 bedroom with a 4' 6" double bed with step free level access from the kitchen and a separate door to the outside from the entrance ramp. The bed is 400mm high and there is a minimum of 900mm width either side of the bed.
• On the first floor there are 2 further bedrooms - a double and a twin, which are reached by stairs only.
• Furniture can be easily removed or rearranged in the ground floor room.
• A camp bed for use by a personal assistant/carer or friend/family member is available in the ground floor bedroom.
Bathrooms, Shower-rooms and Toilets
• There are 2 bathrooms in the property - one on each floor.
• The ground floor bathroom has the following:
• Step free, level access.
• Door opening 800mm/31.5ins wide.
• A level entry, step free wetroom shower.
• A shower seat available where required.
• Toilet 460mm high.
• Wash basin 840mm high with 290mm of clear space.
• Well lit with overhead lights and a fluorescent light over mirror.
• Slate flooring.
• The door opening to the first floor bathroom is 800mm/29.5ins wide. It has the same lighting and flooring as above. There is a separate shower and there is also a bath.
• The mobile phone reception can be poor with Orange/T-mobile being the best provider.
• The nearest General Hospital with an A&E unit and walk in NHS is 8 miles away and the nearest Doctor’s surgery is 6 miles away. Further information is in the welcome folder.
• There is also a list of nearby attractions and details of their Access Statements for information, where available.