Access statement for The Bothy
• Main line station at Carmarthen
• Taxis (just outside the station) – Chris Cars 01267 234438
• Mobile phone reception not particularly good. Vodaphone works best
• In the event of an emergency you can use the house phone
• Tesco will deliver. In the event of a landline number being required, the owners number can be supplied
• Newspapers, small convenience store, off license and petrol station (High Noon) at Whitemill on the A40 – direction Carmarthen – 6 miles from the cottage
• Nearest pubs – The Plough at Felingwm (4 miles), the Cresselly Arms, the Salutation Inn at Pontargothi (4 miles), the Forest Arms, Brechfa (4 miles)
• Supermarkets – Carmarthen: Tesco 24 hrs, Morrisons, Lidl, M&S, Aldi; Llandeilo: Co-op, CK’s
• Street map of Carmarthenshire towns in magazine rack in the cottage
• Tourist information/brochures in magazine rack
• Ordnance Survey map of area provided
• Nearest bus stop at Pontargothi
Arrival and car parking:
• On reaching Ty Crug pass the farmhouse on the left hand side and turn immediately left through the five bar gate into the driveway. Parking for the Bothy is on the left, next to the wooden fence. The area is gravelled. A gentle slope leads down to the gate which is at the side of the property. Through the gate, the front door is found on the left. One step up and into the kitchen.
• There is one outside light by the front door
The Bothy is laid out on two floors
• On the ground floor, which has wooden floorboards, is the kitchen, lobby area, shower room and sitting room.
• The kitchen has microwave in cup board above the electric built-in oven, gas hob with extractor fan above, washer/drier, dishwasher, one and a half sink with drainer, large fridge with ice compartment, iron, ironing board, broom and hoover. The fully equipped kitchen, which has a cordless kettle, cafetiere and toaster, has a tiled work surface and splash back. The wooden table has seating for six people. To the side of the front door is an area for coats, wellies and shoes.
• From the kitchen you enter a small lobby area; off this is a shower room and sitting room.
• The shower room has under-floor heating and is fully tiled. The shower is an enclosed cubicle and is electric. There is also a toilet and basin with mirror above. There are several hooks on the back of the door for hanging up towels etc.
• The sitting room has a two-seater and a three-seater sofa, low level chest with lamp on, freeview digital TV/DVD player, a small library of books, CDs, DVDs and games, desk and chair and rug. There is an electric woodburner in the fireplace.
• From the sitting room a spiral staircase leads to a landing.
• Bedroom One has a double bed, two bedside cabinets with lamp, rugs beside each side of the bed, a dressing table with mirror and small lamp, chest of drawers, chair, wardrobe with full-length mirror. This room has French doors leading out onto an enclosed balcony.
• Bedroom Two has one double bed and one full-size single bed, two bedside cabinets with lamps on, rugs beside each side of the beds, a dressing table with mirror, wardrobe with full-length mirror.
• Both rooms are double aspect and overlook the garden and fields beyond.
• All of this floor is carpeted except the bathroom.
• The bathroom has a full size bath, toilet, wash basin with pine cabinet and mirror above, laminate flooring. On the back of the door are several hooks. A large free-standing towel rack is to be found on the landing.
• There is gas central heating throughout.
• Dog and child proof boundary.
• Gravelled pathway round two sides of the building.
• Small step up to level grass area with shrubs, bench seats and table with parasol.
• Wooden garden bench
• Portable BBQ (on request out of season)
• Washing line
• Also available upon request, lock-up for bikes, cot, highchair and stabling.
Please note that this holiday is not advertised as a fishing holiday but merely an add on. I cannot guarantee the fishing. The river is quite narrow on my stretch and therefore the water level rises and falls quickly. If there has been a lot of rain the river may be in flood and likewise if there has been no rain for a while the water level may be too low to fish. There is a small area of relatively easy access to the river'edge but for the most part you will need to climb down the bank. There are many trees lining the bank so there is no fly fishing here. As a result of all of this I do not charge for the fishing.
The fishing season commences on 1st April and closes on 17th October each year.