Access statement for Rainbow Cottage
Rainbow Cottage is a stone built two bedroom annexe to the main farmhouse accessed by three steps through the shared conservatory.
• Bus stop within approx ¼ mile - with level walk to property
• Nearest town is New Quay approx 3 miles - nearest village Cross Inn approx 1.5 miles, with shops and Public House
• Delivery of provisions can be arranged by prior agreement
• Local public transport numbers: The T5 Aberystwyth - Cardigan bus service stops at the end of the lane and also at Browhill Caravan Park. The stops are approximately ¼ mile away. Timetable available with owners
• Local taxi numbers: Pete’s Cabs 07968578978 or T.A.R. 01545 560688
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities:
• Adequate parking and turning area for vehicles on tarmac driveway adjacent to entrance. Gently sloping with three steps and handrail to conservatory.
Main Entrance, Reception & Ticketing Area:
• Entrance to Rainbow cottage is via the conservatory with small step over the threshold
Public Areas - Hall, Stairs, Landing, Corridors etc:
• Conservatory has quarry tiled floor.
• Washing machine and clothes airer included in the cottage. Shared washing line in the grounds.
• Level / gently sloping access to garden and hot tub with step up into summerhouse. There are steps up to the hot tub.
Bedrooms & Sleeping Areas:
• Access to bedroom one on the first floor is via a standard width dog leg stairs with a quarter landing. The stairs and all rooms are carpeted throughout.
• Entrance door and door to kitchen is 838mm wide the remainder are 726mm wide.
• Bedroom one contains a standard double bed with adequate access to both sides and end, a two seater sofa, television with freeview and large built in wardrobes with a chest of drawers.
• Bedroom two is on the second floor in the attic space and accessed via a single straight flight of stairs. With sloping ceilings and limited headroom it contains two single 3' beds with only access from one side and one end of one bed and one side and one end of the other bed, also a wardrobe and chest of drawers.
• A stair gate is fitted to the top of both sets of stairs.
Bathroom, Shower-room & WC:
• Shared bathroom located on the first floor with vinyl floor covering and comprising standard cast iron bath with over bath pumped shower, wall tiling full height to three sides, glass shower screen, wash hand basin with mirror over, WC with easy access to front and one side, shaver point 110v + 230v, heated towel rail, and extractor fan.
• Gallery style kitchen with vinyl sheet flooring comprising work surfaces 900mm high with wall cupboards 400mm above. Below the work surfaces on one side are storage cupboards, fridge with small freezer compartment. On the other side there is a drawer unit, storage cupboards, 500mm wide electric cooker with cooker hood over, washing machine and stainless steel sink top and drainer. There is a 570mm gap between the worktops either side of the kitchen. Access to the lounge and dining area is through the kitchen.
Grounds and Gardens:
• There are extensive grounds and mature gardens with gravel paths and lawned areas, generally level or gentle slope. Seating in the form of patio set in the garden which has a small summer.
• Cottage is designated as no smoking. A fully integrated fire alarm system is fitted with alarms in all rooms and on landings and in hallway. The kitchen contains a fire blanket and extinguisher. The grassed area with the washing lines is designated as the evacuation point in case of fire.
• The owners live in the attached farmhouse should assistance be required.
Hours of operation: Rainbow Cottage is available March to December
• There are no future plans for alterations or extensions