Access statement for Plough Cottage
• Manorbier Railway Station is a mile away - we are happy to collect any visitors from the station
• There are 2 pubs and a small shop in the local village, both within walking distance
• Owing to the thickness of the stone walls, there is limited mobile phone reception in the Cottage itself. However, there is good coverage outside the Cottage.
• Guests are able to arrange grocery deliveries and we are happy to accept a delivery for them on the day of their arrival. The cottage is part of a 9-acre smallholding with another holiday let (Horseshoe Cottage) and the owners in The Mead next door.
Arrival and car parking:
• Parking is immediately outside the cottage with room for an extra car - we are happy to accommodate bikes, small boat, trailer etc with advance warning
• There is a key box mounted on the wall for self-check-in although the owners are normally around to meet and greet
• There is one step up to the main entrance of Plough Cottage - door opens into hallway area with laundry room and WC off
• Wooden laminate flooring throughout hall areas and kitchen, fully carpeted lounge, stairs and bedrooms, tiled bathroom
•The log burner in the sitting room is for decorative purposes only - on no account must anyone attempt to light a fire.
• Archway through to the kitchen
• Double doors open onto a patio area with table and seating
• The patio is also accessible from the driveway - Caution steep steps
• Shallow steps up into lounge with staircase leading up to bedrooms and bathroom upstairs
• Limited headroom on the stairs for those taller than average
• There is a wooden bannister on one side
The large enclosed garden is accessed by a gate off the driveway 10 metres from the cottage front door. The garden has no direct access onto the lane. It is laid mainly to lawn and has a washing line and large picnic bench for guests’ use.