Access statement for Merlin House
The drive which is approximately 100 metres long leading to the house. Occasionally, the farm gate(s) at the start and end of the track will be closed for livestock movement. If they are, please close them after use.
Open the double wooden gates (please shut) and enter the parking area which extends around the front and side of the house and can accommodate four vehicles. The surface is compacted stone. There is a continuous concrete path 1m wide around the perimeter of the house.
Both external doors have automatic lights. The front door has a step of approximately 150mm and the rear door has a 50mm threshold (if required ramps are provided by arrangement at the time of booking)
• There is a concrete footpath approximately 1 metre wide encircling the house that leads to the patio area
• The garden and outside area is enclosed
• The house is situated in a remote and mountainous landscape.
• Everyone is welcome and all reasonable effort has been made to make the house accessible to those with restricted mobility.
• Orange mobile phone reception is good although other networks are variable. An orange phone is available if required.
• There is a phone box situated in the village of Babel, 0.7 miles away.
Ground floor external and internal doors are 0.80 to 0.83m wide.
First floor internal doors are 0.76m wide.
Both floors on a single level.
Kitchen worktops are standard height
Sockets are located below 0.40m height (except for the kitchen).
Light switches are located at 1m height.
The TV, DVD and HiFi have remote controls
All bedroom windows comply with means of escape fire regulations.