Access statement for Hawen Cottage
It is located within the Hawen valley about a mile above Llangrannog, off a quiet country lane and on a public footpath that leads directly into woodland.
The property is open plan downstairs and is simply furnished to maximize space.
The owners live on-site and can be contacted if needed during your stay.
• Visitors will be welcomed by the owner on arrival.
• There is a local village bus service (Cardi Bach) with a varied timetable a 5 minute walk away.
• The local terrain is undulating both on and off road.
• Mobile phone reception is good using the EE network, but less so with service providers on other networks.
• Free, unlimited WiFi access.
• Tesco and Asda provide home delivery services to the area.
Arrival and car parking:
• Access to the property is via a driveway off a country lane.
• There is parking for 2 cars within a gravelled courtyard adjacent to the property.
• Access to the cottage is via a gentle gravelled slope or down 6 steps to the front door
• A step leads into the cottage.
• An adjacent store provides space for outdoor footwear.
• Space for coats is provided by the front door.
• The open-plan living area is comfortably furnished and spacious.
• The first floor is accessed by a winding staircase and so is not suitable for wheelchair users.
• The kitchen is well equipped with modern appliances.
• The 2 spacious bedrooms are simply but stylishly furnished.
• A cot is available upon request.
• The upstairs bathroom comprises a basin, WC and shower cubicle. A non-slip mat is provided.
• A noticeboard and information pack provides details of local amenities, emergency services etc.
• There is an enclosed dog/child proof garden mainly laid to gravel.
• A selection of garden furniture and a barbeque are provided.
• A public footpath leads down to the village via woodland.
• Resident poultry, dogs and cats can be found in the yard, field or woods nearby.
• The outside area is externally lit.