Access statement for Fron Haul
• 2 adults only, unsuitable for children or babies
• Due to the age of the cottage and 'build' it cannot be adapted for disabilities
• Mobile phone reception is dependent on your supplier.
• No smoking - including E-cigarettes
• No Dogs
• A car is essential as public transport is limited
• Served by a well-signed private lane
• 2 bath sheets, bath mat, 3 hand towels and all kitchen towels provided
• Paper towels, toilet paper and cleaning products are all supplied
• A hairdryer and garment-steamer are provided.
• Ample level car parking in front of and to the side of the cottage.
• Good outside security lighting
• Key safe.
• Please take care, slate flagged paths surround the cottage and can be slippery when wet
• Push L had side of the metal gate, one step up passing under a privet arch to the front door
• Two steps up into the cottage
• Light switches on your right.
• Please be aware that door heights are lower than normal
• The ground floor is level
• Gegin Fawr (Living room): is double-height – opening up to the roof beams from which the hood of the large Simne Fawr [inglenook] sweeps down to embrace the homely log-burning stove. A choice of lighting on the colour-lime-washed walls creates a feeling of light and space. The original large slate flagged floor has a colourful rug. A dining table for 2, small tables, 2 wide and comfy armchairs and a radio. Original artwork is displayed and there is a selection of art books. Window overlooking unspoilt countryside to the Preselis
• Parlwr (Parlour): [little sitting room] has slate flagged original floor with colourful rug. The ‘Art Nouveau’ iron fireplace is decorative only. Two chairs and a small desk with chair. A display cabinet holds interesting domestic items from Fronhaul’s past life. Blue tooth player, small CD player/radio. Bookcase holds books and maps relevant to West Wales and its history. Window looks to the Preselis.
• Gegin Fach (Kitchen): slate worktops, bespoke wooden storage, ceramic- hob full cooker, dishwasher, fridge with ice box, microwave, toaster and kettle, plus a slow- cooker and sandwich maker. Well supplied with all that is needed for cooking and dining. Please note there is no washing machine. Window overlooks a lawn.
• Bathroom: a heated slate floor, extractor fan and heated towel rail. Shower, toilet, basin, mirror and shaving point. A small casement window and a roof light.
• Bedroom: overlooks the Gegin Fawr, from which it is reached by a narrow winding staircase. Double bed with bedside tables and lights, 2 chests for clothes, hanging space, an armchair, small lamps and a radio. Electric wall heater. NB; sloping ceiling and Low exposed main roof beams. Where practicable the bedding is of natural fabrics. Extra bedding at hand. Bookcase holds an eclectic collection of mainly fiction. Window looks out to lawned areas. 2 Velux roof- lights with blinds.
• Smoke/Monoxide detectors, fire extinguisher and fire blanket are installed
• Candles discouraged under fire regulations
• Automatic electric heating throughout the cottage
• Instructions are available in the folder
• The separate Summer Studio is in use from June until the end of September. At other times space is limited as it stores garden furniture. The adjoining Hen House is a safe bicycle store.
• A lawn on the other side of the cottage has a garden arbour that overlooks a wildlife pool. Easy access to 4 acres which is mainly moorland.
• No artificial fertilisers have been used on the land
• Septic tank - to retain its integrity only eco-friendly products can be used and these will be provided.
• To retain the history, character and authenticity of the cottage only traditional materials and skills have been used in its renovation.
• Trees and shrubs are regularly added to the grounds.