Access statement for Fron Haul
• No public service buses nearer then Crymych so car is essential
Arrival and car parking:
• Fron Haul is accessed by a private lane.
• Parking in front of the cottage or a large area to the side of the cottage
• From lane 1 step up and through metal gate. 2 steps up into the cottage. Ground floor is level.
• Slate slabs make a path around the cottage, slate can be slippery when wet
• Outside security lighting
• Key safe
• Please be aware that doorways are lower than normal
• Ground floor NB doors – head room is low
• Bedroom: 2 Velux windows; with warning to remind you not to leave them open if rain is forecast! Beamed ceiling with restricted headroom
• Smoke/Monoxide detectors installed, fire extinguisher
• Living room: slate flagged floor
• Kitchen: originally the Llaethdy with a traditional red/blue tiled floor and slate worktop. Fire blanket.
• Parlour: Parlwr with slate flagged floor and large rug/mat
• Bathroom: slate flooring with under floor heating
• Towels provided 2 bath sheets and 3 hand towels
• 1 basket of logs provided. More logs can be purchased at garage in Crymych
• Automatic electric heating throughout
• In front of the Garden Room is a fire pit and the original slate ‘fridges’ which remain untouched from 1960
• Old henhouse retains its slate nesting boxes. Bicycles can be stored and locked in it.
• 3 lawned areas. The largest has an arbour which overlooks the pond and from which there are great countryside views.
• The remainder of the land is rough, left to wildlife. A path winds gently up through it to join the Frenni Fach Common and a network of paths. On the field in front of the cottage new trees are, hopefully, established.
• No artificial fertilisers, etc have been used on the land
• Mains water, septic tank - eco only cleaning products used
• Fron Haul has undergone restoration (see book in parlour). Only traditional/eco – materials and methods have been used. It has been imperative to retain the history, character and authenticity of this building, but marry then with our modern requirements. I think this has been achieved. I now want others to share the pleasure that our friends and our family have enjoyed at Fron Haul during the 60 years of our ownership.