Access statement for Fourwinds
• The property can be reached by the B4548 road from the town of Cardigan, approximately 3 miles away
• Rail services are available to Aberystwyth (39 miles 1hr north of Cardigan) and Carmarthen (26miles 45mins east of Cardigan). There are bus services to Cardigan from both Aberystwyth and Carmarthen.
• From Cardigan it is recommended to take a taxi
• The local taxi services are very good: Robins Taxis 01239 612190. Cardi Cabs 01239 621399
• There is a local bus service runs daily (except Sundays), please check online for details
• Mobile phone reception variable
• Free WiFi is available
• Grocery deliveries: groceries can be ordered for delivery from Tesco or Asda but please ensure you will be present for delivery
Arrival and car parking:
• There is ample parking for 2 cars
• Access to the main door is step free
• The entrance is via the side porch which have room for coats and shoes etc
• The door to the balcony and garden room can also be accessed via the garden to the side of the house
• The key to the door is in a coded key safe, details of location and code will be sent prior to your stay
• There is an outside light on the driveway by the garage
• There are further outside lights that can be switched on from inside the house
• The garden has lots of places for the children to explore, with a large wooden picnic table for 8
• Fourwinds is a single-storey property so there is good access to all rooms and amenities
• The cottage has a contemporary open-plan living area comprising of a kitchen and breakfast bar, dining table and chairs and lounge with two 3-seater leather sofas and Swedish-inspired armchairs for 8 guests
• There are hard floors throughout the main living area and fitted carpets in all the bedrooms
• Kitchen - fully fitted with modern appliances with a cordless kettle, toaster, an electric oven, ceramic hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, washing machine, tumble dryer, iron and ironing board and a traditional larder for storing all your groceries
• Central heating and electricity is included and a high chair available
• WiFi is provided throughout
• Fire extinguisher and fire blanket located next to the cooker
• Smoke and carbon monoxide alarms fitted
• The TVs in all rooms and DVD player in the living room all have remote controls
• Bedrooms - One double bedroom includes TV and original 1920s twin window seats, perfect for enjoying the sea views. The second double bedroom includes a en-suite (shower) and direct views across to Cardigan Island. The two further bedrooms both have twin single beds. Bed linen is provided. There is a travel cot available but please bring your own cot linen. Smoking is prohibited in the cottage.
• There is good access around the beds in the double bedrooms, with enough space for a travel cot if required.
• Bathrooms - The main bathroom has a bath with shower over, basin and WC. The en-suite (with a view across to Cardigan Island) features an easy access floor level enclosed corner electric shower, basin and WC. Towels are provided. Please remember to bring your own beach towels.
• Towels & Bedding - Each bed is pre-made with matching hotel quality sheets, duvet covers, pillowcases with 2 anti-allergy pillows per person. Each guest is provided with a white hand and bath towel.
• Hairdryers - There are two hairdryers provided for guests to use. These are located in the drawers one in each of the double bedrooms.
• Shaver plugs - There are two shaver plugs provided for guests to use. These are located in the drawers one in each of the double bedrooms.
• The enclosed garden is surrounded by a perimeter hedge with two gates for access in and out. The Garden Room opens out onto the balcony and provides access to the garden via a set of stone steps. For safety we would advise that children are supervised in the garden at all times.
• There is an outside tap and hose located at the back of the house, next to a large pebble bed. Please feel free to use this area to hose down bikes, kayaks, or other outdoor equipment.