Access statement for Chestnut Tree Cottage
• Considering you are in the heart of Pembrokeshire Countryside there are 3 grocery shopping outlets nearby.
• Londis store Broad Haven (2.5 miles)
• Tescos 95miles)
• Nolton Cross Farmfoods (1.5 miles)
• Please refer to welcome pack for directions
• There is also a Riding stable and Outdoor Drive-in cinema, beach, Mariners Hotel and Restaurant in nearby Nolton Haven (1.5 miles)
• There are numerous cafes and pubs in Broad Haven and Little Haven as well as Surf and Paddleboard and Kayak hire in Broad Haven. There are paying car parks in all these villages. I believe that the Druidstone Hotel (fantastic beach, 2.5 miles) and the Mariners Hotel (1.5 miles) both do takeaways as do most eateries in Broad Haven. Further afield Haverfordwest (6 miles) this thriving historic market town does numerous takeaways and has some superb restaurants, cafes and supermarkets including M&S, cinemas, gold course, Go Karting, Sunday market, library with soft paly and café and a castle with museum
• Buses are too infrequent to Porthfield Gate but you can easily get a Taxi from Haverfordwest, it is a short journey of 5-6 miles eg Jones Taxis 07984 696404
• Mobile phone reception can drop from time to time as internet service can occasionally be intermittent since we are in the midst of the Welsh countryside. However if you switch to your Whats app you will be ok.
• Groceries can be delivers to the cottage by Tesco and Morrisons but must be booked in advance online. These stores are only 5-6 miles away
• There is a self check-in system with a key in a lockbox located by the front door. 72 hours before check-in we will contact you with a code to unlick it. We are not far away should there be any queries.
Arrival and car parking:
• The car park area is 10 yards away and directly opposite the cottage. Please park to the right of the green sign saying Chestnut Tree parking
• The walk to the cottage is on a solid stone, smooth path and very gently slopes towards 2 steps approx. 7 inches high.
• These steps lead to the cottage front door. There is a another small step into the cottage porch
• There will be a Welcome pack with lots of information inside the cottage.
• The open plan living room and kitchen takes up the whole of the ground floor, it is spacious with 2 large leather sofas, 3 occasional tables, a large TV and tallboy.
• The kitchen is a good size and is fully fitted with everything you would enjoy at home.
• There is an oak dining table overlooking the garden with 4 cushioned chairs.
• There is a porch at the entrance to the cottage where you can hang coats, etc
• There are no steps downstairs
• The downstairs is carpeted with rugs and the kitchen and porch have tiles floors
• There is a pendant light on the beamed ceiling and 4 mood lights in the living room
• There are 8 spotlights in the kitchen
• The wooden hand railed stairs lead to the two bedrooms and one bathroom
• At the top of the stairs there is a landing with a wicker laundry basket
• Bedroom 1 has 1m space either side of the double bed
• Bedroom 2 has no space on one side of the bed and 2.5 m space on the other side
• Both bedrooms have carpets and rugs
• They also have pendant ceiling, beside and mood lights
• Bedroom 2 would comfortably take a cot but a push so would bedroom 1
• The bathroom has a bath, shower, hand basin, heated towel rail, pedal bin and washable bath mat
• There are no support rails in the bathroom
• It has vinyl floor for safe cleaning
• There are no steps in the upper floor except the stairs leading to the landing
• The TV has a remote control/Teletext
• The kitchen has a cordless kettle, toaster, microwave, coffee maker, slow cooker, rice steamer, breadbin, casserole dishes, full crockery set, teapot, baking utensils, kitchen knives set, bowls, serving dishes, cutlery glassware, washing machine, iron and board, laundry basket and pegs, clothes dryer outside, hoover, cleaning equipment, and all home comforts.
• Throughout the cottage there is an elephant themes which is part of the Feng Shi applied to the cottage
• There is oil central heating in every room.
The small garden is enclosed by a picket fence and gate with latch. There is bench seating outside the cottage and wooden outdoor dining table and 4 chairs on the patio. It is a sweet front garden which has been put down to gravel and patio. There are numerous flowers in pots and no hazards in the garden. There is a wonderful play area open to guests in the owner’s front garden which is across the road to the cottage. However this must be used under parental supervision as it is designed to stretch a child’s capabilities. It comprises of a quirky wood built Fairy House (for toddlers) and ladders up to a viewing platform (7yrs plus) A slide (4 yrs plus) and this summer a monkey bars and climbing wall. At all times children must be supervised by parents and this area is used ay your own risk.