Access statement for Brynifor
House rules for pets
• Pets must NEVER be left unattended in the cottage
• Pets must NEVER be allowed upstairs or in Bathrooms or Bedrooms or on furniture
• You will have to clean up after your pet at all times all around our grounds.
How to get here:
On receipt of deposit we issue comprehensive directions to Brynifor (by car)
The nearest Airport is Cardiff (2.5 hours), 4 hour drive from Heathrow Airport
Trains: We are equidistant from Aberystwyth and Carmarthen train stations (approx. 30 miles)
Buses: For onward public transport from the train station please check out the traveline-cymru website for bus timetables
Our local taxi company is TAR Cars Tel. 01545 560688
You will find a very comprehensive set of maps including A to Z of Wales, OS Map and our own "Sat Nav Map" in the cottage for your use.
We also provide various walking guides and map books for your convenience
We provide free internet, both WiFi and wired.
Private parking for up to 3 cars is available on tarmac area directly outside the cottage.
The cottage was built in 1900 and has not been designed with wheelchair use in mind.
Parking is directly outside the cottage. A short path leads to 1 step up though the front door. Ground Floor Lounge/Piano room and Kitchen/Diner are all on 1 level with a normal staircase (with turn and handrail) to the half landing where your will find the family bathroom and one single bedroom. A further 4 steps up a normal staircase brings you to the 2 double bedrooms and a further single bedroom. There are stair gates available for both the bottom and top of the staircase.
There is 1 step up into the shower. The bath is a normal bath, we provide non-slip bath mat.
TV has remote control and Teletext and we will do our best to provide large print versions of cottage information subject to advance notice.
We welcome disabled guests to all of our accommodation. If you have any particular queries regarding accessibility then please do not hesitate to contact us for advice prior to booking. We are happy to assist.
Directly outside the front door of BrynIfor is a level, hedged grassed area with bench to catch the early morning sunshine.
The back kitchen door leads out to the large rear gardens (also gated side access from the lane). These are in full sunshine all day long from mid-morning onwards with stunning countryside views. Directly outside the back door is a slabbed patio area leading to 1 step up onto a very large further slabbed patio area. This is well furnished with table/chairs/loungers/parasol/BBQ/clothes line, etc.
Two steps down off the patio leads round to a large grassy side garden and through the gate to the pond garden. Please note this is an unfenced wildlife pond so care must be taken at all times. The back gardens are fairly secure for dogs but we can't guarantee that a determined pooch may not escape! There is a large gazebo here so you can sit and enjoy the view or even BBQ in any weather!
A wooden field gate leads directly into the 7 acre meadow which you are welcome to explore. The meadow is gently sloping and sometimes has sheep grazing in.
• renovated using sustainable products e.g. lime, lime-wash, reclaimed wood, Welsh oak, etc
• as much as possible is purchased locally including furnishings, etc
• eco switches on heating and hot water supplies
• eco cleaning products used and provided such as Ecover washing up-liquid, Ecover toilet cleaner, recycled toilet paper, etc
• full recycling and composting facilities
• all firewood is sourced from a sustainable source, either the waste material from a fencing company or from our own woodland management
• We have an on-going tree-planting project at Dolphin Bay Cottages. To date just under 1,000 trees have been planted.