Access statement for Bryn-y-Gof
House rules for pets
• Pets must NEVER be left unattended in the cottage
• Pets must NEVER be allowed upstairs or in Bathrooms or Bedrooms or on furniture
• You will have to clean up after your pet at all times all around our grounds.
How to get here:
On receipt of deposit we issue comprehensive directions to Bryn-y-Gof (by car)
The nearest Airport is Cardiff (2.5 hours), 4 hour drive from Heathrow Airport
Trains: We are equidistant from Aberystwyth and Carmarthen train stations (approx. 30 miles)
Buses: For onward public transport from the train station please check out the traveline-cymru website for bus timetables
Our local taxi company is TAR Cars Tel. 01545 560688
You will find a very comprehensive set of maps including A to Z of Wales, OS Map and our own "Sat Nav Map" in the cottage for your use.
We also provide various walking guides and map books for your convenience
We provide free internet, both WiFi and wired.
Private parking is available directly outside the cottage.
The cottage was built in 1900 and has not been designed with wheelchair use in mind.
Parking is directly outside the cottage. A short path leads to 2 steps into the cottage.
There is gated access through to the side and rear patio with 1 step down to the main entrance door. In the entrance lobby there is a step down to the French doors into the lounge/kitchen/diner (all on one level).
The stair case is a steeper pitch than normal so may not be suitable for those with mobility restrictions. Care must be taken at all times on the stairs. Please call for advice if you are unsure of suitability.
The bedroom is large with king size bed (access both sides and a roll top slipper bath. We provide a non-slip bath mat. From the bedroom there is a door and 1 step down into the en-suite shower room. There is 1 step up into the shower.
TV has remote control and Teletext and we will do our best to provide large print versions of cottage information subject to advance notice.
We welcome disabled guests to all of our accommodation. If you have any particular queries regarding accessibility then please do not hesitate to contact us for advice prior to booking. We are happy to assist.
Directly outside main entrance door is a level patio area where the bins/composting etc are all stored. One step up to the main well-furnished patio area which catches the sun all day. A couple of steps up to a terrace with bench to catch late evening sun.
Access to the 7 acre meadow is via a stepover stile but we can arrange access via a gateway a short walk away should you require this.
The main patio is fairly secure for dogs but we can't guarantee that a determined pooch may not escape!
• renovated using sustainable products e.g. lime, lime-wash, reclaimed wood, Welsh oak, etc
• as much as possible is purchased locally including furnishings, etc
• eco switches on heating and hot water supplies
• eco cleaning products used and provided such as Ecover washing up-liquid, Ecover toilet cleaner, recycled toilet paper, etc
• full recycling and composting facilities
• all firewood is sourced from a sustainable source, either the waste material from a fencing company or from our own woodland management
• We have an on-going tree-planting project at Dolphin Bay Cottages. To date just under 1,000 trees have been planted.