We are looking for a Business Manager to join our team. If you like the idea of working on the West Wales coast as part of a small team committed to offering an effective and efficient online booking service, please read on.
A new opportunity has arisen for a highly-motivated Business Manager to play a key role in the administration and leadership of West Wales Holiday Cottages, starting as soon as possible. Our new Business Manager will work with the Senior Partner to learn about the company with a view to playing a major role in running the business. The role will include leading and nurturing our small team, building relationships with clients, identifying opportunities for innovation and development, business planning, and reporting progress to the Senior Partner.
West Wales Holiday Cottages is a family run business providing online advertising and booking for over 750 independently-owned holiday cottages in Ceredigion, Pembrokeshire and Carmarthenshire. The company is based on the Cardigan Bay coast at Sarnau in Ceredigion and consists of 4 partners and 5 staff: 3 full-time and 2 part-time. Established for 12 years, we are committed to providing an outstanding level of service, doing business in an ethical way and promoting West Wales to the benefit of the local community.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Managing, supporting and developing our tight-knit team
- Ensuring delivery of exceptional standards of customer service
- Co-ordinating and overseeing the various aspects of the business
- Visiting and advising new and existing customers
- Identifying opportunities for innovation and development
- Upholding the image and values of our company at all times
- Reporting business progress to the Senior Partner
- Monitoring market conditions, e-commerce trends and competitors’ products
- Maintaining an in-depth knowledge of the tourism sector and emerging trends that may highlight areas for improvement, risks or opportunities
You’ll be passionate about:
- Supporting our team
- Developing and building our profitable business
- Doing business in an ethical way
- Benefitting our local community
It’s essential that you:
- Have managerial experience
- Work well in a team
- Can handle multiple projects and tasks
- Are able to organize processes and people
- Are good at problem-solving
- Pay close attention to detail
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Have excellent interpersonal skills
- Have high-level proficiency with spreadsheets, word-processing, email, etc
- Can understand and analyse data to identify options and make recommendations
- Keep accurate records
It’s desirable that you:
- Have a car and can drive to meet clients
- Have a degree
- Can speak Welsh
- Have knowledge of the local area and/or tourism
Salary and Holidays
Starting salary range: £24,720 to £36,680 depending on experience, to be reviewed after one year.
Hours: This is a full-time permanent post, subject to successful completion of a 6-month probationary period. It averages 40 hours per week including breaks; flexible working patterns available by negotiation.
Holiday allowance: Your annual holiday allowance is 32 days which includes an extra allowance for Bank Holidays. You will be required to take holiday over our Christmas shutdown period which uses a total of 2.5 days of your allowance.
HOW TO APPLY
Please email a letter of application and your CV to the Senior Partner, David Witt, at email@example.com
Closing date is 7 January 2018.
We look forward to hearing from you!