We are looking for a Web Developer to join our team. If you like the idea of working on the West Wales coast as part of a small team committed to offering an effective and efficient online booking service, please read on.
You will be fully involved in the maintenance and continuing development of our current website, possible future websites and associated systems. The appointment will commence as soon as mutually convenient and will be a full-time permanent post. West Wales Holiday Cottages is an equal opportunities employer and we are happy to offer flexible working options.
We are looking for a capable individual with excellent technical, communication and interpersonal skills to welcome into our small, tight-knit team and develop into a key player in our business. If you work well in a team and are keen to learn and assume responsibility, this is your chance to progress to a more senior role in a supportive environment.
It is important that you be the right fit for our team. You will be working closely with the rest of us so it’s important that you share our determination to deliver exceptional customer service, enjoy doing a job well and with integrity, and have a ‘can do’ positive attitude.
West Wales Holiday Cottages is a family run business providing online advertising and booking for over 750 independently-owned holiday cottages in Ceredigion, Pembrokeshire and Carmarthenshire. The company is based on the Cardigan Bay coast at Sarnau in Ceredigion and consists of 4 partners and 7 staff: 3 full-time and 4 part-time. Established for 12 years, we are committed to providing an outstanding level of service, doing business in an ethical way and promoting West Wales to the benefit of the local community.
- Full stack development.
- Security and performance of all web systems.
- Database design and development.
- Semi-regular meetings with senior members of staff and colleagues to help plan and manage projects.
- Identify and implement technologies that will create new opportunities and allow for new features for the service.
- In-house technical support to the admin team to resolve and improve any reported website issues.
- Continuous improvement of existing codebase
- Good knowledge and understanding of object oriented programming, ideally PHP
- MySQL (or similar, e.g. PostgreSQL)
- Knowledge of version control systems
- Linux server administration
- Apache administration
Object oriented, middleware-based PHP 7 application. Asynchronous tasks through RabbitMQ. Codeception for unit and acceptance testing. Modern frontend toolchain, including ES6+, webpack and sass. Infrastructure managed with Ansible, and Jenkins for a one click deployment process.
- We use source control (git)
- We use an issue tracker (Trello)
- We continuously deploy
- We provide a computer of your choice and any software you require
- We have a quiet office for our technical staff
- We don’t target legacy browsers – usually the last 2 versions
Salary and Holidays
Starting salary range: £20,720 to £36,680 depending on experience, to be reviewed after one year. We have a 3 month probationary period.
Hours: Full time position. Average 40 hours per week including breaks, flexible working patterns available by negotiation.
Holiday allowance will be in accordance with the statutory entitlement. Bank Holidays are in addition and you will be required to take holiday over the Christmas shutdown period which is for 4 days, 3 of them Bank Holidays, using a total of 2.5 days of your allowance.
HOW TO APPLY
Please email your CV and a letter of application to Matthew Witt, the IT Partner
West Wales Holiday Cottages, at email@example.com
We look forward to hearing from you!